Saturday, January 30, 2016

It's *actually* happening!

Something amazing is happening!  My weigh in days are Monday mornings.  But I've noticed this week that my pants are very loose.  So this morning I decided to weigh myself.  I stepped on that scale, counted to 3 and looked down.  *blink blink*  That can't be right.  I stepped back off the scale, waited for it to clear and stepped back on.  You guys, I cried on the scale this morning.  But this was a new experience.  I cried tears of JOY!  I have lost 13lbs!  Today is Day 20, and I'm down 13lbs!!!  

The reason this was so shocking is because I've only had 2 weigh in's so far and at my first weigh in I lost 4.5lbs.  The beginning of this week (the second weigh in) I didn't lose any weight, which was incredibly discouraging.  Granted, there were some things going on that had me incredibly bloated earlier this week, but to drop 8.5lbs in a week?!  That's insane!!!

I called every member of my family.  I couldn't believe it.  I still kind of can't.  I've been grinning like an idiot all day long.  And it's all because I'm doing it.  I'm actually doing it!  I'm not just eating better and exercising, but I'm losing weight!  I realize that's the point of it all, but I honestly didn't have that high of expectations.  If I'm going to be 100% honest, I definitely didn't think I'd still be here at the end of Week 3.  But here I am.  Or should I say, part of me is still back there but here's most of me including the part that makes me "me".

I'll leave you with this picture.  I find it incredibly motivating.  If I keep this up, I'll hit my goal of losing 50lbs in the 90 days.  But heck, even if I "only" lose 40 or 35, I'll still be incredibly happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment