Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Beginning

On an unsuspecting Tuesday morning, I received a text message from my sister-in-law asking if she paid the $25 entrance fee, would I do TerraFit with her.  Without giving it a second thought, I replied, "Sure".  Not even 10 minutes later she text me back that I was all signed up and ready to go.  When I asked what it was exactly, she said to come to this class on Thursday night to learn about it and meet the others on my team.  I started hearing minor alarms going off in my head.  Generally, I think team workout groups are kinda lame and just a way for me to disappoint people.  It was bad enough I already felt obliged to not screw this up because she paid for my entrance fee, but a whole team of people??  Yikes.
Thursday I found myself ridiculously out of breath after climbing all the stairs to where the class was.  I walked in feeling pretty embarrassed at how winded I was.  I sat down and learned about what I'd gotten myself into.  It was kind of confusing at first, points, do this, don't do that, eat "x" amount of this a day and so on.  I left feeling excited, but nervous.  The others on my team were already in far better shape than me.  I was worried I'd disappoint.
The challenge is 90 days, and began on Monday, January 11th.  Last week was the first week, and it was a little rough.  There's a food list you have to go by, and it took me about a week to realize I could actually make meals with the food, not just eat a serving of brown rice and then a serving of carrots.  I had some interesting "meals" the first week.  But now that I'm in the second week (on Day 11!), I find that meals are coming easier.  I'm learning to read labels (sugar is in literally EVERYTHING!  are you kidding me?!), figuring out a good routine for eating 6 meals a day (I still feel like I'm constantly eating), and learning how to actually make meals vs just eating random foods on the list.
My first weigh in found me 4.5lbs lighter.  And I didn't even work out that first week due to the flu (I mean, if I can't take a shower without napping 3 hours afterwards, how the heck am I supposed to workout for 30 minutes?).
So even though I didn't know what I was getting myself into, I am enjoying it.  Which is saying a lot for a Taco Bell frequent flyer!

2 comments:

  1. Your hilarious but i always enjoyed your humor....and congrats on ir first week....its one n more week than i did. Your amazing--keep going. Forget disappointing others worry just about ur goals no matter how big and small and celebrate your courage to even chase them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way its me Tonya M...using someone elses profile...lol

      Delete